Monday, September 12, 2011

Point Defiance Zoo

Michelle and the kids have been to the zoo a hundred times, but somehow always without me. I finally convinced them to take me this weekend.

The aquarium was our favorite part. It's organized geographically from the North Sound down to Olympia. The sharks and sun starfish were highlights.



Mim loved this puffin until it swam right up to the glass and tapped at her finger. Then she couldn't get away fast enough.



I saw a kid crying at the playground and he told me he couldn't find his mom. We finally found her after about 15 minutes with the help of zoo staff. Not 4 minutes later, another kid came up to me crying and saying he couldn't find his parents. While we were calling his dad's cell phone (memorize those numbers), he actually walked up, yelled at the kid for not keeping up and left. I told Michelle it was time to get out of there before we ended up having to take any orphans home.



Evie spotted reindeer in the artic tundra exhibit and was worried that they actually belonged to Santa. I assured her that Santa would hear about this and come free them from the zoo, riding on a polar bear and destroying everything that opposed him. This seemed to comfort her.



Mim got hungry and started licking her leg clean of some flat fruit she had stuck to it. We took that as a sign that the kids were hungry and it was time to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment